Looking for the perfect soft top surfboard can be an overwhelming process, especially for beginners. Between the different sizes, shapes, and features available, it can be difficult to know what will work best for you. However, a soft top surfboard can be a great option for beginners or even experienced surfers looking to have fun in smaller waves. In this article, we will take a closer look at some of the top soft top surfboards on the market and what sets them apart from the rest.
Top 5 Best Soft Top Surfboards
When it comes to surfing, choosing the right board is crucial to ensuring an enjoyable and successful experience in the water. Soft top surfboards, also known as foamies, are a great choice for beginner surfers or those who want to improve their skills without breaking the bank.
So, what are the best soft top surfboards on the market? Here are our top 5 picks:
1. Wavestorm 8′ Surfboard – The Wavestorm 8′ is a classic, reliable choice for surfers of all levels. Its durable foam construction and removable fins make it a versatile option for both beginner and advanced surfers. This board’s large size and thick foam make it easy to catch waves and maintain stability in the water.
2. Giantex 6′ Surfboard – This fun-sized foamie is perfect for kids or smaller adults looking to learn how to surf. The Giantex 6′ surfboard is sturdy, lightweight, and easy to handle in the water. Its compact size allows for easy storage and transportation, making it a great choice for weekend trips to the beach.
3. Catch Surf Odysea Skipper – The Catch Surf Odysea Skipper is a versatile soft top surfboard that performs well in a variety of conditions. Its tri-fin setup provides excellent control and maneuverability, while its durable foam construction can withstand wear and tear from frequent use. This board’s unique shape and design make it a perfect choice for surfers of all levels who want to have fun in the water.
4. Liquid Shredder FSE – The Liquid Shredder FSE is a high-performance soft top surfboard that can handle even the most challenging waves. Its advanced foam construction and slick bottom design allow for maximum speed and progress in the water. This board is a great choice for more experienced surfers who want to improve their skills and take their surfing to the next level.
5. South Bay Board Co. Surfboards – South Bay Board Co. is a trusted name in the surf industry, and for good reason. Their soft top surfboards are high-quality, durable, and designed with the needs of surfers in mind. With a variety of sizes and shapes to choose from, there’s a South Bay Board Co. surfboard for every type of surfer.
In conclusion, soft top surfboards are a great choice for beginner and intermediate surfers who want to improve their skills without breaking the bank. From classic designs like the Wavestorm 8′ to high-performance options like the Liquid Shredder FSE, there’s a soft top surfboard out there for every type of surfer. So, grab your board, hit the water, and start catching some waves!
The Benefits of Soft Top Surfboards
Soft top surfboards, also known as foam surfboards, have been increasing in popularity over the past few years. These boards are ideal for beginners or those who want an easier surfing experience. Soft top surfboards have many benefits over traditional hard top boards, including:
One of the main benefits of soft top surfboards is safety. Since these boards are made of soft foam, they pose a reduced danger of injury to both the rider and other surfers. In addition, the softness of the surfboard can help to protect the head and body of the rider in case of wipeouts or falls.
Another benefit of soft top surfboards is stability. These boards are designed to have more surface area to float on, which can provide more stability for riders who are just starting out. The extra buoyancy can also make catching waves a lot easier.
One thing that sets foam surfboards apart from traditional hard top boards is that they are more durable. Soft top surfboards are made of materials that can withstand a lot of use and abuse. Unlike a traditional board that can crack or ding easily, a foam surfboard can take a lot of wear and tear, making it last longer.
Finally, soft top surfboards are more affordable than traditional hard top boards. They are often less expensive to manufacture, which means they can be sold for a lower price. This makes them a great option for beginners who are not yet sure if they want to invest in an expensive board.
In conclusion, soft top surfboards have many benefits over traditional hard top boards. They are safer, more stable, more durable, and more affordable. Whether you are a beginner just starting out or an experienced surfer looking for a new board, a soft top surfboard is definitely worth considering.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Soft Top Surfboard
When it comes to choosing the best soft top surfboard, there are various factors that should be considered. Below are some of the most important ones to keep in mind:
1. Size and Shape: The size and shape of the board will determine how easy it is to paddle and catch waves. Generally, the longer the board, the easier it is to paddle and the more stable it is. However, a shorter board can be more maneuverable, making it easier to turn and ride more advanced waves. When considering shape, a rounder board will be easier to turn, while a more pointed nose will be more stable.
2. Skill Level: Your skill level will also play a factor in choosing the best soft top surfboard. If you are a beginner, you will want a longer and wider board to help with stability and balance. However, if you are more advanced, you may want a shorter board that is more maneuverable.
3. Wave Conditions: The type of waves you will be surfing will also impact the type of board you choose. If you’re surfing small waves, you’ll want a board with more volume and buoyancy. But, for larger and more powerful waves, a board with less volume and more maneuverability may be better.
4. Brand and Quality: It’s important to choose a brand with a good reputation for quality and durability. Look for brands with a history of producing high-quality soft top surfboards that can withstand the elements and last for years to come.
5. Price: Finally, as with any product, price may also be a factor in your decision. While it may be tempting to buy a cheaper board, it’s important to remember that quality often comes at a premium price. Don’t be afraid to invest in a higher-quality board that will last longer and perform better.
In conclusion, choosing the best soft top surfboard requires careful consideration of size and shape, skill level, wave conditions, brand and quality, and price. Keep these factors in mind when selecting your board, and you’ll be on your way to catching waves in no time.
What is a soft top surfboard?
A soft top surfboard is a type of surfboard that has a soft foam top layer instead of the traditional hard fiberglass construction. The foam makes it more durable and less likely to cause injury to the rider or others in the water.
What are the benefits of using a soft top surfboard?
Soft top surfboards are ideal for beginners, as they are more forgiving and easier to ride than traditional hard top surfboards. They are also more durable and less likely to cause injury, making them great for family-friendly beach trips.
How do I choose the best soft top surfboard?
When choosing a soft top surfboard, consider your size and skill level, as well as the type of waves you will be riding. Look for a board with a good balance between stability and maneuverability, and choose a brand with a reputation for quality and durability.
What are some of the most popular brands of soft top surfboards?
Some of the most popular brands of soft top surfboards include Wavestorm, Odysea, Catch Surf, and Liquid Shredder. These brands are known for producing high-quality boards that are both durable and easy to ride.
What are some tips for maintaining a soft top surfboard?
To maintain your soft top surfboard, rinse it with fresh water after each use to remove any salt or sand buildup. Keep it out of direct sunlight when not in use to prevent color fading and damage to the foam. When transporting your board, make sure to use a protective cover to prevent dings and scratches.
So there you have it, folks! The top picks for the best soft top surfboards on the market. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned pro, these boards are guaranteed to give you endless hours of surfing fun. Remember, investing in a quality soft top board is a wise decision that will not only improve your surfing experience but also make it safer for you and others in the water. Thanks for reading and don’t forget to check back for more exciting articles on surfing and other related topics!